Policy & Research
Whether it’s the development of government policy or how Includem delivers support, young people and families should have a say in matters that affect their lives.
We’re committed to making sure their voices are heard.
Includem has released our report 'Poverty and the Impact of Coronavirus on Young People and Families' as part of Challenge Poverty Week 2020. We spoke to 126 young people and their families about their experience of poverty and the impact the pandemic has had on them, their finances and their mental health. Read our submission.
- Social Renewal Advisory Board: Call for ideas - Oct 2020
- Social Security Committee inquiry into COVID-19 - Oct 2020
- Raising the age of referral to the Principal Reporter - Oct 2020
- Sentencing Young People - Includem submission to Scottish Sentencing Council consultation - Aug 2020
- Equalities and Human Rights Committee inquiry into the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on equalities and human rights
- Education and Skills Committee inquiry into the
impact of coronavirus on vulnerable children and young people - May 2020
- Submission to the Scottish Advisory Group on Economic Recovery - May 2020
- Scottish Government consultation on Youth Justice Standards - Jan 2020
Research and evaluations
- The Impact of Poverty on Families in Fife
- Poverty and the Impact of Coronavirus on Young People and Families
- Staying Connected: Assessing digital inclusion during the coronavirus pandemic
- Evaluation of Includem's Transition Support Service
- Substance Misuse and Young People in Scotland: A Practitioner Research Report